Greek Isles Pizza
You may substitute 1 medium-size green bell pepper, cut into rings, for eggplant, and omit salt.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 medium eggplant
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-inch) pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 pound kalamata olives, pitted and halved, or 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (8 ounces) pizza blend shredded cheese
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
- Peel eggplant, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Sprinkle with salt, and press gently between paper towels; set aside.
- Brush pizza crust with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange tomato slices over crust. Sprinkle with eggplant, olive halves, and next 4 ingredients. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note