Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) canned chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 cup(s) tahini
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water
- 2 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- black pepper, freshly ground
- parsley sprigs
- 1 black olive
- In a medium-size bowl, combine tahini with cold water and stir vigorously with a fork to soften for 2 to 3 minutes. Place chickpeas in a food processor and grind to a coarse meal. Add tahini, garlic, and cumin. Pulverize for about 45 seconds. Slowly add olive oil and lemon juice, alternating between each, and continue to process for about 5 minutes, on and off, until hummus becomes smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with parsley and a black olive.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note