Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) canned chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 cup(s) tahini
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water
- 2 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- black pepper, freshly ground
- parsley sprigs
- 1 black olive
- In a medium-size bowl, combine tahini with cold water and stir vigorously with a fork to soften for 2 to 3 minutes. Place chickpeas in a food processor and grind to a coarse meal. Add tahini, garlic, and cumin. Pulverize for about 45 seconds. Slowly add olive oil and lemon juice, alternating between each, and continue to process for about 5 minutes, on and off, until hummus becomes smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with parsley and a black olive.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes