My only adjustment is to add chopped artichokes and more spinach. So easy and so good.
Greek Garbanzo Stew
Serve this zesty side over couscous for a hearty vegetarian entrée.
Yield: 8 side-dish servings, or 3 to 4 mian-dish servings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in spinach and chopped parsley; cook 5 minutes. Top with crumbled feta cheese, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This