Greek Eggplant, Tomato, and Feta Pizza
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved*
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound eggplant
- 1/4 cup MAZOLA Canola Oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package baked pizza shell*
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Stir together first 6 ingredients, and set aside.
- Cut eggplant crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush both sides evenly with oil, and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Arrange eggplant evenly on pizza crust; top with tomato mixture, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
- * 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped, may be subsituted for grape tomatoes; 4 pita bread rounds or 1 French bread loaf may be substituted for pizza shell.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note