Greek Eggplant Dip
More From Allyou
Bake: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Sodium: 122mg
- 2 eggplants (about 3 lb. total)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut a slit on 2 sides of each eggplant and place on baking sheet. Bake until eggplant is tender when pierced with a knife and skin is wrinkled.
- When eggplants are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp; discard skin. Place pulp in a blender with garlic, tomatoes, parsley, basil, olive oil and vinegar and blend at low speed until mostly smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate dip until ready to use. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with pita wedges and sliced bell peppers, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note