Greek Cinnamon Cookies
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 8 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add 6 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine 3 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Add olive oil, mixing well. Add remaining flour, and stir until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Lightly brush tops of cookies with beaten egg yolk. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note