I use McCormick's Gourmet Greek Seasoning. It really makes a difference compared to the other seasonings. I make this at least a few times a year. I use couscous instead of orzo.
Greek Chicken with Capers and Orzo
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 337
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.2g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon salt-free dried Greek seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- While orzo cooks, heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Combine Greek seasoning and next 5 ingredients (through salt); set aside.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper, and sauté 2 minutes. Add onions; sauté 1 minute or until peppers begin to brown. Return chicken to pan. Stir in caper mixture, tossing gently to coat chicken. Spoon chicken mixture over orzo. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes