- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon salt-free dried Greek seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- calories 337
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 9 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 5.7 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 26.3 g
- carbohydrate 37.2 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 49 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 514 mg
- calcium 41 mg
How to Make It
Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
While orzo cooks, heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm.
Combine Greek seasoning and next 5 ingredients (through salt); set aside.
Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper, and sauté 2 minutes. Add onions; sauté 1 minute or until peppers begin to brown. Return chicken to pan. Stir in caper mixture, tossing gently to coat chicken. Spoon chicken mixture over orzo. Serve immediately.