Greek Chicken Salad Pitas
You'll find prepared hummus in a variety of flavors. We used roasted red bell pepper hummus for this sandwich, but either spicy three-pepper or artichoke-and-garlic hummus would make a good choice, too. Round out your meal with a refreshing side of mixed melon.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 278
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 16.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.6g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 669mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped roasted chicken breast
- 2/3 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons roasted red bell pepper hummus
- 2 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 1. Combine lettuce and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss gently.
- 2. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons hummus inside each pita half; spoon salad mixture evenly into halves. Serve immediately.
- Make it Faster
- To make this meal even faster, forgo rinsing, slicing, and chopping the fresh vegetables and fruit yourself. Look in the produce section for packaged torn romaine lettuce and containers of presliced red onion, prechopped cucumber, and prechopped mixed melon. Sometimes these items may be more expensive, but the trade-off is time saved from prepping and cleaning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note