Greek Chicken Salad Pita
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 22.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11.5g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 652mg
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Calcium: 59mg
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon no-salt-added Greek seasoning (such as Cavender's)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 (7-ounce) jar sliced roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole wheat pita bread rounds, cut in half crosswise
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with Greek seasoning.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Combine chicken and roasted bell peppers in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lemon rind, and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour marinade over chicken mixture; toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf and cucumber slices. Carefully fill each pita pocket with 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note