An all-time favorite summer chicken salad in our house. First appeared in 1999 & have been making it since (it won't show up in the online database anymore, so I entered it myself to be able to put it in my recipe box). This salad is great for picnics & tastes better as it sits. I always use more kalamatas & parsley than stated, & recently have been using Greek yogurt (which cuts down on leftovers being watery).
Greek Chicken Salad
Feta & chicken salad served in pita. From Cooking Light July/August 1999, but won't show up in search.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) sliced kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup(s) plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 3 clove(s) minced garlic
- 4 pitas
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine yogurt, mayo, oregano & garlic in a small bowl. Pour over chicken mixture; toss well. Cover & chill 2 hours.
- Line pita halves with lettuce/tomato & fill with 1/2 cup chicken salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by stacylynn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note