An all-time favorite summer chicken salad in our house. First appeared in 1999 & have been making it since (it won't show up in the online database anymore, so I entered it myself to be able to put it in my recipe box). This salad is great for picnics & tastes better as it sits. I always use more kalamatas & parsley than stated, & recently have been using Greek yogurt (which cuts down on leftovers being watery).
Greek Chicken Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) sliced kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup(s) plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 3 clove(s) minced garlic
- 4 pitas
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine yogurt, mayo, oregano & garlic in a small bowl. Pour over chicken mixture; toss well. Cover & chill 2 hours.
- Line pita halves with lettuce/tomato & fill with 1/2 cup chicken salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by stacylynn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note