Greek Chicken Pitas
Community Recipe from
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove(s) minced garlic
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 4 pita pocket breads
- 1/2 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped cucumber
- 1 medium red bell peper (in thin strips)
- 1. In slow-cooker, combine onion, garlic, chicken, lemon pepper, oregano, and allspice; mix to coat chicken with seasoning. (Or cook onion in pan, adding leftover chicken later.)
- 2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours.
- 3. Heat pita bread as directed on package.
- 4. Meanwhile, remove chicken from slow-cooker; place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken.
- 5. To serve, stir yogurt into onion mixture in slow-cooker (or pan). Spoon chicken onto warm pita bread. With slotted spoon, transfer onion mixture onto chicken; top with tomato, cucumber, and red pepper strips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Greek Chicken Pitas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes