Easy recipe and outstanding taste. Short on time, I used store bought garlic cheese croutons instead of making them. Tasted just fine. Really delicious salad!
Greek Chicken Bread Salad
Photo: Johnny Autry/Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr/Lindsey Lower
Low in calories and packed with fresh flavors, this Greek Chicken Bread Salad uses ingredients you may already have on hand.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 30.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 562mg
- Calcium: 88mg
- 3 ounces cubed French bread baguette, crust removed
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1.5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Place baguette cubes on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes or until edges are browned, turning once.
- 3. Reduce oven temperature to 425°.
- 4. Combine oregano and next 5 ingredients (through crushed red pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- 5. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with black pepper and salt. Place chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Place pan in oven, and bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove pan from oven. Let chicken stand 5 minutes; slice thinly across the grain.
- 6. Add bread cubes, lettuce, bell pepper, pepperoncini peppers, and feta to bowl with oregano mixture; toss well. Place about 1 1/3 cups salad on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 3 ounces chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes