- 3 ounces cubed French bread baguette, crust removed
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1.5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- calories 325
- fat 14.2 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 8.2 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 30.5 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 75 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 562 mg
- calcium 88 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Place baguette cubes on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes or until edges are browned, turning once.
Reduce oven temperature to 425°.
Combine oregano and next 5 ingredients (through crushed red pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with black pepper and salt. Place chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Place pan in oven, and bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove pan from oven. Let chicken stand 5 minutes; slice thinly across the grain.
Add bread cubes, lettuce, bell pepper, pepperoncini peppers, and feta to bowl with oregano mixture; toss well. Place about 1 1/3 cups salad on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 3 ounces chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.