Greek Cabbage Rolls
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 pound lean ground pork
- 1/4 pound ground chuck
- 1/4 cup regular rice, uncooked
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Core and wash cabbage. Separate leaves, and cook in boiling water 3 minutes or until limp. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot shortening in a large skillet until tender. Add meat and rice; cook until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Place 2 tablespoons meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf; fold ends of leaves over, and fasten with wooden picks. Place in a Dutch oven. Add water, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove rolls to a serving platter; serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes