Grecian Steak Salad
The secret to this beautifully light-looking yet substantial salad is to combine the ingredients gently and serve immediately, before the mâche wilts.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 527
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 40g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 1291mg
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- 1 pound New York steaks (1 to 2), fat trimmed
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 mint leaves, cut in thin ribbons
- 1 1/2 quarts lightly packed mâche (3 1/2 oz.)
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into paper-thin lengthwise slices, preferably with a mandoline
- 1/2 pound sheep's milk feta cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, diagonally sliced
- 1. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Rub steaks with 1 1/2 tsp. oil total and season with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Grill meat, turning once, until medium-rare, 8 to 9 minutes. Let rest about 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine remaining 6 1/2 tbsp. oil and 3/4 tsp. each salt and pepper, the lemon zest and juice, garlic, and mint in a bowl. Spoon 2 tbsp. dressing into another bowl.
- 3. Thinly slice steak crosswise and toss with the 2 tbsp. dressing.
- 4. Arrange mâche, cucumbers, feta, and pea pods on plates in a fluffy mound. Tuck steak into layers of salad. Serve immediately with remaining dressing.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note