This recipe is fabulous! I generally prefer to grill my steaks, but this skillet method with the added herbs & garlic powder are delicious and the lemon and feta really add wonderful tang that really highlights this tasty cut of beef. TRY THIS RECIPE - SOO GOOD!!
Grecian Skillet Rib Eyes
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
You'll find that this olive-feta-herb topping works great on chicken and lamb too.
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (1-inch-thick) rib-eye steaks (1 3/4 to 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped kalamata or ripe olives
- Combine first 5 ingredients; rub onto all sides of steaks.
- Pour oil into a large nonstick skillet; place over medium heat until hot. Add steaks, and cook 10 to 14 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning once. Sprinkle with lemon juice; top with cheese and olives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine