Gravy with Roasted Vegetables
Photo: Mikkel Vang
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 118
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 403mg
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Pan drippings from Classic Roast Turkey
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Reserved roasted vegetables from the roasting pan
- Strain the pan drippings into a fat separator or large measuring cup. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Skim and discard the fat from the surface.
Place the empty roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes, stirring and scraping to dissolve any bits stuck to the pan. Remove from heat and add it to a food processor along with the pan juices and a third of the vegetables. Puree until smooth and transfer to a medium pot. Working in batches, puree the broth and remaining vegetables and add them to the pot. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Reheat the gravy if necessary and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This