Gravlax with Norwegian Caviar Sauce
Notes: Gravlax may also be sold as Norwegian-style salmon. You can make the caviar sauce up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Prep Time: about 8 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 176
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 561mg
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 jar (2 oz.) red lumpfish roe (Norwegian caviar)
- 1 pound thinly sliced gravlax (see notes)
- Fresh dill sprigs, rinsed
- 1 jar (2 oz.) black lumpfish roe (optional)
- 1. In a bowl, stir together sour cream, whipping cream, lemon peel, and pepper.
- 2. Pour red lumpfish roe into a fine wire strainer and rinse under cold running water. Drain well and stir into sour cream mixture.
- 3. Arrange gravlax on a platter or plates. Garnish with dill sprigs. Rinse black lumpfish roe in a fine wire strainer, drain, and put in a small bowl. Serve red caviar sauce and black caviar with gravlax to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers