Gravlax with Norwegian Caviar Sauce
Notes: Gravlax may also be sold as Norwegian-style salmon. You can make the caviar sauce up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Prep Time: about 8 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 176
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 561mg
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 jar (2 oz.) red lumpfish roe (Norwegian caviar)
- 1 pound thinly sliced gravlax (see notes)
- Fresh dill sprigs, rinsed
- 1 jar (2 oz.) black lumpfish roe (optional)
- 1. In a bowl, stir together sour cream, whipping cream, lemon peel, and pepper.
- 2. Pour red lumpfish roe into a fine wire strainer and rinse under cold running water. Drain well and stir into sour cream mixture.
- 3. Arrange gravlax on a platter or plates. Garnish with dill sprigs. Rinse black lumpfish roe in a fine wire strainer, drain, and put in a small bowl. Serve red caviar sauce and black caviar with gravlax to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note