- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 jar (2 oz.) red lumpfish roe (Norwegian caviar)
- 1 pound thinly sliced gravlax (see notes)
- Fresh dill sprigs, rinsed
- 1 jar (2 oz.) black lumpfish roe (optional)
- calories 176
- caloriesfromfat 61 %
- protein 13 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 6.3 g
- carbohydrate 2.5 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- sodium 561 mg
- cholesterol 69 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, stir together sour cream, whipping cream, lemon peel, and pepper.
Pour red lumpfish roe into a fine wire strainer and rinse under cold running water. Drain well and stir into sour cream mixture.
Arrange gravlax on a platter or plates. Garnish with dill sprigs. Rinse black lumpfish roe in a fine wire strainer, drain, and put in a small bowl. Serve red caviar sauce and black caviar with gravlax to add to taste.