Gravlax with Honey-Dijon Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds king salmon fillet, with skin
- 1 cup aquavit or vodka
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried dillweed
- 12 sprigs fresh dillweed
- French bread slices, toasted
- Honey-Dijon Sauce
- Garnish: fresh dillweed sprigs
- Remove small bones from salmon with tweezers. Rinse salmon with aquavit.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients. Pour half of sugar mixture into a 13- by 9-inch baking dish. Place salmon fillet over sugar mixture, skin side down; top with remaining sugar mixture and dillweed sprigs. Cover with plastic wrap. Place another 13- by 9-inch baking dish over plastic wrap. Fill with heavy cans. Chill 24 to 48 hours. Turn fillet every 12 hours, draining off any liquid that collects and replacing weights.
- Rinse coating from salmon; pat dry. Slice thinly, starting at the tail. Serve on toasted French bread with Honey-Dijon Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gravlax with Honey-Dijon Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This