Gratin of Cauliflower with Gruyere
Community Recipe from
- 1 head(s) cauliflower (2 lbs) trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter
- cup(s) panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) Gruyere cheese (2 oz) shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) frresh chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) 2% milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400'
- Place clauliflower in a 2 qut broiler safe baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray; coat cauliflower with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt, toss. Bake at 400' for 30 min til almost tender. Cool 5 min.
- Preheat broiler
- Melt butter in saucepan over med heat. Remove from heat stir in panko. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and chives.
- Heat saucepan over med hi heat. Coat pan with spray. Add onion, saute 4 min til almost tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic, saute 1 min stirring constantly. Add flour, cook 1 min, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring with whisk. bring to a boil. Cook 3 min until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/4 cup cheese, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, parsley and pepper. Pour milk mixture over cauliflouwer and toss. Top evenly with cheese mixture. Broil 3 min til golden brown and heated.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janebanta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gratin of Cauliflower with Gruyere Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables