Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 6 peeled russet potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Gruyre or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1cup 2% low-fat milk, heated
- 1. Preheat oven to 425F. Spread an 11-by-7-inch baking dish or gratin dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Arrange half the potatoes in dish, sprinkle with half the garlic, drizzle with half the remaining butter, half the cheese, and half the salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Pour hot milk over potatoes.
- 2. Bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, milk is absorbed and top is browned. Serves 6.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shellihh and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gratin Dauphinois Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables