Grated Raw Beet Salad with Jicama, Avocado, and Orange
Raw beets taste similar to raw carrots in that theyre sweet, juicy, and crisp. Jicama, a Mexican root vegetable that looks like a large, pale, round potato, is crunchy and mild when peeled and eaten raw. If you cant find jicama, simply substitute cubed cucumber in this salad.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- * 2 cups grated jicama
- * 2 cups grated raw beets (3 medium beets)
- * 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- * 1 navel orange, peeled, sectioned, each section cut into thirds
- * 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- * 3 Tbs. thawed orange juice concentrate
- * 1 Tbs. lime juice
- * 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- * 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- * 11/2 Tbs. olive oil
- * 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1. Place beets in medium bowl along with jicama, avocado, orange, and cilantro.
- 2. Whisk together orange juice concentrate, lime juice, cumin, and coriander. Whisk in oil. Pour over beet mixture, and toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sprinkle each serving with toasted pumpkin seeds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mario8723 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grated Raw Beet Salad with Jicama, Avocado, and Orange Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads