This mustardy slaw is tart by itself but right at home on a just-grilled dog. The slaw tastes great after chilling 2 hours and will continue to improve for 3 days; store, chilled, in an airtight container. For a quick and easy coleslaw, buy grated cabbage and carrots in your grocer's produce section, and mix with your favorite creamy jarred dressing. Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes; Chill: 20 minutes.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and grated (about 2 pounds)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 green onions, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Garnish: grated carrots
- 1. Reduce vinegar by half in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes. Stir in honey, and let cool.
- 2. Combine cabbage, 2 grated carrots, and green onions in a large bowl; toss with vinegar mixture to mix. Add kosher salt and ground black pepper, and toss again. Chill and let stand about 20 minutes.
- 3. Stir together mayonnaise, mustard, and ground red pepper in a small bowl. Add parsley, and toss with cabbage mixture. Chill 2 hours in an airtight container until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note