Quick, easy, tasty.
Grated Carrots with Cumin-Orange Dressing
This simple side dish is even easier when you use purchased grated carrots. Golden raisins and orange juice offer a touch of sweetness. You can also substitute diced cooked beets for the carrots.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 62
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 138mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place cumin in a small skillet. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Combine cumin and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note