Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) Cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Peppermint Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 ounce(s) White Chocolate chopped
- 1 drop(s) Green Food Coloring
- 3 tablespoon(s) Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) Confectioners Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Peppermint Extract
- Make two cakes using the Basic Chocolate Cake Recipe. Filling: Bring the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisj the sugar, constarch, peppermint extract, egg and egg yolk in a medium heatproof bowl until smooth. Gradually whisk half of the milk into sugar mixture, then return to the pan with the remaining milk. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is boils and thickens, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl strain thru a fine mesh sieve if looks lumpy then stir in the white chocolate and green food coloring until the chocolate melts. Press with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour. Still in chocolate chips.
- Topping: Beat the heavy cream, confections sugar and peppermint in a bowl with a mixture on medium speed until medium peaks form 1-2 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Debbieann11 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grasshopper Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts