Grapefruit, Orange, and Ginger Marmalade
This marmalade is a good holiday gift because it doubles as a glaze for pork or chicken. It will keep refrigerated for up to two weeks. Chop the citrus, rind and all. The marmalade thickens as it cooks and will continue to do so as it cools. Stir more often toward the end of the cook time.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 123
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 31.6g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 orange, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red or pink grapefruit, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups sugar
- Place ginger, half of orange, and half of grapefruit in a food processor; pulse 4 times or until finely chopped. Place orange mixture in a Dutch oven. Repeat procedure with remaining orange and grapefruit. Add water to pan; bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until mixture is reduced to 6 cups (about 50 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add 6 cups sugar; uncover and cook until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring mixture to a boil. Cook until the mixture is thick and reduced to 5 cups (about 35 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note