This is a very easy salad to put together. I really like the flavors. The red onion I had purchased as bad so ours didn't have onion which it definitely needed. Next time I would add the heat from the pepper right into the dressing.
Grapefruit and Hearts of Palm Salad
Grapefruit adds a perfect sweet-tart zing to this salad. Hearts of palm have a semifirm texture and nutty flavor similar to that of artichoke hearts, which you could sub in a pinch. If you like the pungency of black pepper, finish with an additional sprinkle.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 20.4g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Calcium: 122mg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1 1/2 cups ruby red grapefruit sections (about 2 large grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 (14-ounce) cans hearts of palm, rinsed, drained, and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, cut into thin wedges
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth.
- 2. Place 2/3 cup kale on each of 6 plates. Arrange grapefruit sections, onion, hearts of palm, chile, and avocado evenly over kale. Drizzle with dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note