This classic all-American recipe is a great way to cool down on a hot summer day. Serve it frozen as a dessert or slightly thawed as a slushy drink.
Yield: 8 cups
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 (64-ounce) bottle Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- Garnish: fresh mint sprig
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Add mint; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into an 8-cup container; discard mint. Add grapefruit juice.
- Divide mixture into 2 (1-quart) freezer containers; cover and freeze at least 4 hours. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Scrape with a spatula, or process, in batches, in a food processor. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note