Grapefruit Chess Pie
- 1 (15-inch) refrigerated piecrust
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated grapefruit rind
- 1/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream and grapefruit rind or lime rind and lime pieces, if desired
- Unfold piecrusts; stack piecrusts on a lightly floured surface. Roll into one 12-inch circle. Fit piecrusts into a 9-inch pieplate acccording to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Bake piecrust at 450º for 8 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk together sugar and next 9 ingredients until blended. Pour into piecrust.
- Bake at 350º for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set, shielding edges of crust with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note