- 1 (15-inch) refrigerated piecrust
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated grapefruit rind
- 1/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream and grapefruit rind or lime rind and lime pieces, if desired
How to Make It
Unfold piecrusts; stack piecrusts on a lightly floured surface. Roll into one 12-inch circle. Fit piecrusts into a 9-inch pieplate acccording to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
Bake piecrust at 450º for 8 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
Whisk together sugar and next 9 ingredients until blended. Pour into piecrust.
Bake at 350º for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set, shielding edges of crust with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish, if desired.