- 1 1/2 pounds golden beets
- 1 pound bakery pizza dough
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 small grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Trim beet stems to 1 inch; gently wash beets, and place in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Add 1/3 cup water, and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tender. Uncover and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
Meanwhile, remove pizza dough from refrigerator, and let stand 30 minutes.
Increase oven temperature to 425°. Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 17- x 13-inch rectangle (about 1/4 inch thick). Place dough rectangle on a lightly greased (with cooking spray) baking sheet.
Brush dough with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Cut cooled beets into thin slices. Top crust with beet slices, goat cheese, grapefruit segments, sliced mint, and toasted pine nuts, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Drizzle flatbread with honey, and sprinkle with sea salt.