- 4 pounds Concord grapes
- 4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Wash and drain grapes; remove stems. Plunge grapes into rapidly boiling water; boil 2 minutes. Drain well, and slip off grape skins, reserving skins and pulp.
- Place pulp in a stainless steel stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Process pulp through a food mill; discard seeds.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, and cloves in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; add reserved hulls and pulp. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour and 45 minutes or until tender.
- Quickly ladle relish into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process relish in boiling water bath 15 minutes. Serve with meats.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This