Grape Juice Pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups grape juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 baked (9-inch) pastry shell
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in grape juice; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Cook 1 minute.
- Add a small amount of hot mixture to egg, mixing well; stir egg mixture into remaining hot mixture. Add butter and lemon juice; return to heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil gently 1 minute. Cool. Pour into pastry shell; chill thoroughly.
- Combine whipping cream and sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Spread on pie; chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries