Our grape granita has soft ice crystals that melt in your mouth, leaving a hint of orange and spice lingering on your tongue.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 104
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 4mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 1 cup unsweetened grape juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (4 x 1-inch) orange rind strips
- 1/2 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 3 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1. Place first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove pan from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Discard rind and cinnamon.
- 2. Combine juice mixture and grapes in a blender; process until almost smooth. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- 3. Pour grape mixture into an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish; skim off any foam. Cover and freeze until partially frozen (about 1 hour). Scrape with a fork, crushing any lumps. Freeze 1 hour or until completely frozen; scrape entire mixture with a fork until fluffy. Scoop into glasses, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This