From the kitchen of Kathy "Mama" Coffey, mamas-southern-cooking.com, Stockbridge, GA
"You don't have to sacrifice flavor for a healthy breakfast."
Yield: Makes 1 dozen
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup uncooked multigrain hot cereal (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup granola (such as Special K Low Fat Granola)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring water and butter to a boil over medium-high heat in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in milk, granola, egg, and honey until blended. Stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or nonstick skillet. Cook 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn and cook 2 minutes or until done. Keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note