Granola-Ginger Baked Pears
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 4 Bosc pears
- 3 (1.5-oz.) oat-and-honey granola bars, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups apple cider
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 1 (7-oz.) container Greek yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cut pears in half, cutting through stem and bottom ends. Scoop out core and pulp, leaving a 3/4-inch shell. Cut about 1/4 inch from opposite side of pear, forming a flat base.
- 2. Stir together crushed granola bars and next 4 ingredients. Spoon mixture into pear shells, pressing to gently pack. Arrange pears in a 13- x 9-inch pan. Pour cider around pears in pan.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25 to 45 minutes or until pears are tender, basting twice with pan juices.
- 4. Place pears on a serving plate. Add preserves to pan juices, and cook, over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened. Serve pears with warm sauce and Greek yogurt.
- Note: Baking times will vary greatly due to the ripeness of your fruit. Begin testing for doneness by inserting a wooden pick directly into the fruit (not granola mixture) after 25 minutes of baking. A wooden pick should be able to pierce the fruit easily with just a little resistance. Overcooking will lead to the fruit losing its natural shape and becoming mushy. For testing purposes only, we used Nature Valley Oats 'N Honey Crunchy Granola Bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note