Packed wit oats, nuts, and seeds, this energy booster can be made up to 1 week ahead. Serve it as a snack, or for breakfast with yogurt and eny kids of seasonal fresh fruit.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup(s) millet
- 1 tablespoon(s) flaxseeds
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger ground
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) light browns sugar packed
- 3/4 cup(s) raw almonds coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) raw pumpkin seeds ( pepitas ) shelled
- 1/3 cup(s) raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins, yogurt,magoes,papayas, or other fruit sliced
- Millet and golden flaxseeds can be found a natural foods store.
- Heat oven to 300. Mix oats, millet and flaxseed ( if using ), 1/4 tsp. salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a medium bowl. Add 1 cup hot tap water. Mix throughly and let stand for 15 minutes to soften oats.
- Bring honey, 2 Tbsp. oil, and brown sugar to boil in a small saucepan,stirring to dissolve sugar. Add honey mixture to oat mixture in bowl and toss to coat. Spread out in an even layer on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake oat mixture, stirring 2-3 times, until dark golden brown,50-60 minutes. Place sheet on wire rack and let oat mixture cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 350. Mix remaining 1/2 tsp. Salt, remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, almonds,pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and sugar in a medium bowl. Spread in an even layer on another rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown,10-12 minutes. Place sheet on wire rack and let nut mixture cool completely.
- Combine oat mixture, nut mixture,and raisins in a large bowl. DO AHEAD: Granola can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
- Serve granola in bowls with yogurt and sliced fresh fruit.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shr99lr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note