Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup(s) millet
- 1 tablespoon(s) flaxseeds
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger ground
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) light browns sugar packed
- 3/4 cup(s) raw almonds coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) raw pumpkin seeds ( pepitas ) shelled
- 1/3 cup(s) raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins, yogurt,magoes,papayas, or other fruit sliced
- Millet and golden flaxseeds can be found a natural foods store.
- Heat oven to 300. Mix oats, millet and flaxseed ( if using ), 1/4 tsp. salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a medium bowl. Add 1 cup hot tap water. Mix throughly and let stand for 15 minutes to soften oats.
- Bring honey, 2 Tbsp. oil, and brown sugar to boil in a small saucepan,stirring to dissolve sugar. Add honey mixture to oat mixture in bowl and toss to coat. Spread out in an even layer on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake oat mixture, stirring 2-3 times, until dark golden brown,50-60 minutes. Place sheet on wire rack and let oat mixture cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 350. Mix remaining 1/2 tsp. Salt, remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, almonds,pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and sugar in a medium bowl. Spread in an even layer on another rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown,10-12 minutes. Place sheet on wire rack and let nut mixture cool completely.
- Combine oat mixture, nut mixture,and raisins in a large bowl. DO AHEAD: Granola can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
- Serve granola in bowls with yogurt and sliced fresh fruit.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shr99lr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes