Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange zest
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmet
- 1/2 cup(s) butter melted
- 1/3 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1 cup(s) shredded coconut toasted
- 1 cup(s) dried fruit coarsley chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray two 9x13-inch baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Combine the oats, pecans, sugar, zest, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Stir together until mixed well.
- 3. Place butter and syrup in microwave safe bowl. Heat until butter is melted. Stir, and add syrup mixture to oat mixture; mix until moistened. Spread oat mixture into one of the prepared pans- pat down.
- 4. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and invert mixture into remaining prepared pan and pat down lightly. Bake 20-25 minutes longer, or until granola is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 5. When cooled, break granola into bite-sized pieces and mix with coconut and dried fruit in a bowl. Store in an airtight container for up to a week or a month in the fridge.
- **Granola will harden & get crunchy as it cools.**
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Granola Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes