Outstanding recipe! I used Collard Greens in place of Kale and it was delicious.
Grano with Mushrooms and Greens
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Grano is the polished form of durum wheat, so its flavor is similar to that of pasta. You may substitute pearled barley.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 9.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.9g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 436mg
- Calcium: 108mg
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups chopped onion
- 3 1/4 cups chopped mushrooms (about 1 [8-ounce] package)
- 1 cup grano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring broth to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in grano and white wine; cook until liquid is almost evaporated (about 2 minutes), stirring often. Stir in broth. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add kale, salt, and garlic; cook 6 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring often. Add parsley and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note