Granny's Raisin Bran-Oat Cookies
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Hours
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup wheat bran flakes cereal with raisins and granola*
- 1 cup cinnamon morsels
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in cereal and morsels. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 14 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- *For testing purposes only, we used Raisin Bran Crunch cereal.
- Tip: This dough is very soft. It's essential that you chill the dough before baking in order to work with the dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts