Granny's Christmas Cookies
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package candied cherries, cut in half
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs and egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended.
- Add flour to butter mixture gradually, beating at low speed just until blended. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, beating just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheets. Press a candied cherry half in center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cookies to wire racks, and let cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note