Granny's Christmas Cookies
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package candied cherries, cut in half
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs and egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended.
- Add flour to butter mixture gradually, beating at low speed just until blended. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, beating just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheets. Press a candied cherry half in center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cookies to wire racks, and let cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts