This pie has become notorious among my friends. It is delicious!
Granny Smith Apple Pie
This easy and delicious Granny Smith apple pie recipe calls for just eight ingredients, including a refrigerated pie crust for convenience's sake.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 1/2 (15-ounce) packages refrigerated piecrusts, divided
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Stack 2 piecrusts; gently roll or press together. Fit pastry into a 9-inch deep-dish pieplate.
- Toss together apple and lemon juice in a large bowl. Combine brown sugar and next 4 ingredients; sprinkle over apple mixture, and toss to coat. Spoon into prepared piecrust.
- Roll remaining piecrust to press out fold lines; place over filling. Fold edges under, and crimp; cut slits in top for steam to escape.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake 35 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts