I've spent years trying different thin crust recipes. This is the best ever for convenience and ease of handling, while achieving a crunchy, yet flakey texture. I made four crusts and froze three for later. Even after freezing, the crusts remained crisp.
Grandpa Zarnke's Pizza Crust
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) warm water
- 1 package(s) yeast granules
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soak yeast in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the flour and oil and mix until crumbly like pie dough (pea-sized pieces). It should be evenly mixed but not over-done.
- Place on a floured surface and knead until smooth, adding more flour slowly, if it's too sticky to handle. Let rest for five minute.
- Divide in two and roll each portion out into a very thin 9 X 14 rectangle.
- Dust with more flour and roll onto the rolling pin. Unroll onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until just barely golden.
- At this point you can top with your favorite toppings, set aside for later or freeze.
- After adding toppings, bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Patriciasass and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes