I've spent years trying different thin crust recipes. This is the best ever for convenience and ease of handling, while achieving a crunchy, yet flakey texture. I made four crusts and froze three for later. Even after freezing, the crusts remained crisp.
Grandpa Zarnke's Pizza Crust
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) warm water
- 1 package(s) yeast granules
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soak yeast in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the flour and oil and mix until crumbly like pie dough (pea-sized pieces). It should be evenly mixed but not over-done.
- Place on a floured surface and knead until smooth, adding more flour slowly, if it's too sticky to handle. Let rest for five minute.
- Divide in two and roll each portion out into a very thin 9 X 14 rectangle.
- Dust with more flour and roll onto the rolling pin. Unroll onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until just barely golden.
- At this point you can top with your favorite toppings, set aside for later or freeze.
- After adding toppings, bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Patriciasass and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note