I thought this recipe was delicious! My boyfriend who is not a big complimenter said it was excellent. I cooked mine for an hour longer than the recipe called for.
Grandmother's Texas Barbecued Brisket
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 5 Hours
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 (3- to 4-lb.) beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- 1. Trim fat from brisket to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 2. Combine celery salt, garlic powder, and onion salt. Sprinkle brisket evenly with mixture, and rub thoroughly into meat.
- 3. Stir together barbecue sauce and next 3 ingredients until blended. Brush barbecue sauce mixture evenly onto brisket. Wrap brisket in heavy-duty aluminum foil; place in a roasting pan. Chill 8 hours.
- 4. Bake at 300° for 5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 190°. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut brisket across the grain into thin slices. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note