Grandmother's Garlic Mashed Potatoes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup peeled garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Salt and white pepper
- 1. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Place potatoes in a 5- to 6-quart pan and add enough water to cover. Cover pan and bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over low heat, combine garlic, cream, and butter. Cover and stir occasionally until garlic is tender when pierced, about 10 minutes.
- 3. In a blender or food processor, purée garlic mixture.
- 4. Drain potatoes, return to pan, and add garlic purèe. Mash with a potato masher or mixer until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables