Grandmother's Cornbread Dressing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Cornbread * crumbled
- 2 whole(s) onions chopped
- 4 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) parsley chopped
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 bunch(es) green onions chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sauté onion, green onions, bell pepper and celery in butter.
- Crumble cornbread* to very fine crumbs in large mixing bowl.**
- Add 6 cups chicken broth to cornbread and mix well.
- Add sautéed vegetables and parsley.
- Add eggs and stir well.
- Pour in large baking pan prayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add 1 cup of chicken broth, stir.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 400 until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour 1 cup of broth over dressing and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- * Cornbread recipe listed as "Cornbread for Dressing
- ** Chicken or turkey can be added to recipe if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Southerngirl68 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note