Grandmother's Cornbread Dressing
Community Recipe from
- Cornbread * crumbled
- 2 whole(s) onions chopped
- 4 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) parsley chopped
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 bunch(es) green onions chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 8 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sauté onion, green onions, bell pepper and celery in butter.
- Crumble cornbread* to very fine crumbs in large mixing bowl.**
- Add 6 cups chicken broth to cornbread and mix well.
- Add sautéed vegetables and parsley.
- Add eggs and stir well.
- Pour in large baking pan prayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add 1 cup of chicken broth, stir.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 400 until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour 1 cup of broth over dressing and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- * Cornbread recipe listed as "Cornbread for Dressing
- ** Chicken or turkey can be added to recipe if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Southerngirl68 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes