Grandmom Lucy's Orange Crispies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup shortening at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and orange extract, beating until blended. Gradually add flour and salt, beating dough until light and fluffy after each addition.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or just until edges begin to brown; remove to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note