Grandma's Molasses Crinkles
Beware: these melt-in-your-mouth molasses cookies are as good as grandma's.
Yield: Makes 6 to 7 dozen
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: sugar
- Combine eggs, sugars, shortening and molasses in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, sift together remaining ingredients except garnish.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture; cover and chill thoroughly. Roll dough into one-inch balls.
- Dip tops into sugar and place on lightly greased baking sheets, sugar-side up. Press tops down lightly with a fork to flatten.
- If desired, sprinkle each cookie with a few drops of water for a more crackled surface. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies